Monday, May 17, 2010

TokiDoki and Sephora Collaborate on Beauty



According to stylelist.com, “TokiDoki is the brainchild of Italian artist Simone Legno, whose special brand of animation is a cross between Japanese anime and Italian suave. The cosmetics bags, palettes, bronzers, eye liners and lipsticks feature his trademark animations, figurines and characters in color pop hues and clean curvaceous packaging. “In the 80s, Italy was really bombarded with Japanese animation and TV shows, sushi, etc,” Legno told me of his early inspirations. “When I was 19 I traveled to Japan for the first time and I’ve been back 20 times since. I feel a sense of belonging there.” “We developed an interesting eyeliner, and it’s wonderful to draw on the skin,” said Legno. The collection is available at Sephora and features product like lip gloss, mascara, and eyeshadow.

Image via stylelist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment