Monday, December 21, 2009

Rodarte at Target!


I’ll admit I’m what some would call a “label whore” (Excuse my French). I love sporting designer duds at the look for less of course! My new obsession is the Rodarte for Target Line. Yes, Tar-get (Tar-zhay) lovers, Rodarte is the third installment to Target’s “Go International” line which collaborates with the fashion industry’s hottest designers to produce “look for less” lines; the first collaborators were Alexander McQueen and Anna Sui. Wondering who is next after Rodarte? Well, none other than one of my favorite designers, Zac Posen. His line is slated to appear in stores nationwide April 2010.

Rodarte is the brainchild of the LA–based designed duo Kate and Laura Mulleavy, who are also sisters.

This lace-inspired rocker-esque collection pays homage to old Hollywood starlets of yesteryear with such feminine and dainty accents such as lace detailing and tulle. The line is very whimsical, fun and flirty and the infusion of tulle, lace and is nostalgic as many of the skirts, dresses and blouses remind me of my dance recital outfits from the early nineties. Colors like mustard, magenta, peach, tan, and grey further compliment the old-Hollywood aesthetic and are sure to accentuate any outfit this Holiday season. Try mixing and matching pieces from this collection. Your sure to make a demure yet sexy statement in the long cardigan, leopard printed belt and dress, sequin dresses or faux fur vest.

I’ve picked up the Mesh Lace with bow Top in Navy and I can’t wait to pair it with a fab pair of skinny jeans and pumps. Don’t worry fashionista’s, the Rodarte line will be in stores until January 31, 2010.

The Rodarte for Target line includes long cardigans, T-shirts and camis, lace-and-tulle dresses and skirts, leopard print belts with a bow, lace tights, a denim jacket and a sequined black dress with a print of an X-rayed rib cage on it.

Photo Via:www.nymag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment